Founded a century ago from humble beginnings, Keidel has grown into one of the largest locally owned distributors of commercial and residential plumbing products in the Cincinnati markets. We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally as they contribute to our growing organization.
General position description:
The Counter Sales Representative will increase sales and customer satisfaction by efficiently and courteously assisting walk-in and telephone customers in the selection and acquisition of needed products, by applying technical knowledge to satisfy customer needs.
- Sells & promotes the items and products that we stock – provides alternative suggestions to customers who request other products, and successfully converts initial customer requests to stock brands.
- Builds relationships – Learns the value of relationships and views building relationships as a critical success tool. Establishes “trusted advisor” status to become a business resource for customers in the relationship selling process.
- Demonstrates effective presentation skills to successfully influence and communicate with various customer profiles.
- Outgoing and engaging (assertive with customers, aggressive in greeting) to ensure speedy and strong service to customers.
- Must be able to work at both locations Tennessee Avenue & Westwood Counter Sales
- Must be able to work at least 2 Saturdays a month
- Available required work hours: 7:00 AM – 5:15 PM as scheduled
- Manage cash drawers accurately
- Gain and utilize knowledge of products and plumbing systems to assist with problem solving and product selection with customers
- Ability to handle stressful situations with customers (understanding that busy and “in a hurry” is expected).
- Be able to work effectively and autonomously during the “lulls” between high customer volume periods.
- Detailed oriented to ensure administrative duties for processing open orders and credits, develop strong product knowledge and ensure that very few errors are made.
- Results oriented is required. Reaching sales goals, customer satisfaction, few errors and product and process knowledge are required to remain in role.
- Knowledge of the plumbing trade and products is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar position preferred
- Wholesale distribution experience preferred
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
Keidel Supply Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Keidel Supply Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.