Position Title: Accounts Receivable Analyst
Founded a century ago from humble beginnings, Keidel has grown into one of the largest locally owned distributor of commercial and residential plumbing products in the Cincinnati markets. We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally as they contribute to our growing organization.
Even though we have grown significantly, we have not lost the personal touch our customers seek. We pride ourselves on being customer focused and service oriented. We strive to provide exemplary service with a friendly, knowledgeable staff.
General position description:
The Accounts Receivable Analyst will monitor the aging of customer receivables and pro-actively takes corrective action to resolve open accounts receivable balances in a timely manner. Establishes credibility within the organization and will be decisive while recognizing and supporting the organization’s priorities. All accountabilities are to be fulfilled in a manner consistent with the Company Mission and Values.
Reports to: Director of Finance
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Status: Full-Time
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Keidel Supply Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Keidel Supply Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for the creation and management of a resolution process.
- Establish and maintain account reconciliations using an analytical approach.
- Accomplish monthly team productivity goals and currency objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining a portfolio of accounts, including but not limited to customer calls, resolution process development, account adjustments, reconciliations and monthly reporting.
- Analyze large amounts of data and present analysis effectively.
- Requires broad conceptual judgment, initiative, and ability to deal with complex AR aging.
- Works directly with customers regarding delinquent payments, investigates discrepancies and makes recommendations for resolution of discrepancies and customer deductions.
- Provides professional service with regard to sensitive issues, effectively answering questions and resolving both internal and external customer concerns.
- Makes recommendations for collections efforts and escalates issues with customer accounts to Accounting and Sales Management; follows up in a timely manner.
- Holds monthly conference calls and communicates effectively with Sales Management regarding status of customer accounts.
- Review collection techniques and provide feedback to management.
- Knowledge of collection procedures, policies and standards are essential.
- Knowledge of General Accounting Principles and the ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Be involved with or lead special projects as time or capabilities allow.
Qualifications and Skills
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Analytical, data mining & report creation skills. Excel skills are preferred to include V look-ups and pivot tables.
- Resourceful & well organized.
- Above average communication skills including excellent grammar, verbal and writing skills.
- High energy level.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where the ability to prioritize is key and teamwork is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature and flexibility are required traits.
- Exceptional negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Must embrace change and be willing to work as change agent to continuously improve the Accounts Receivable process.
- Must maintain good attendance.
- Must maintain safe work practices.
- Maintain safeguards and confidential company information.
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 – 5 years’ experience managing all functions of A/R department
- Preferred B2B accounts receivable experience
- Physical/Mental Requirements
- Attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of MS Office products to include Excel, Word, Power Point
- Comprehensive Medical
- Dental and Vision care options
- Paid vacation and holidays
- LTD/STD and Voluntary Life,
- 401K with Employer Match
- Health Care Savings Account