Position Title: Kitchen & Bath Designer
Founded a century ago from humble beginnings, Keidel has grown into one of the largest locally owned distributors of commercial and residential plumbing products in the Cincinnati markets. We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally as they contribute to our growing organization.
Keidel is Cincinnati’s premier plumbing, cabinetry, lighting, and appliance distributor, serving the needs of local residential and commercial plumbing contractors, builders, remodelers, and homeowners. Even though we have grown significantly, we have not lost the personal touch our customers seek. We pride ourselves on being customer focused and service oriented and strive to provide exemplary service with a friendly, knowledgeable staff. We offer industry expertise and quality products because our goal is for every customer to experience inspired solutions.
General position description
Keidel is seeking an experienced Kitchen & Bath Designer to join the design sales team. This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a designer to demonstrate his/her knowledge and creativity.
Keidel’s Kitchen & Bath Designers increase sales, market share, profitability, and customer satisfaction by working closely with retail customers, contractors, builders and other staff members to design and select products for the kitchen and bathroom.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design kitchens and bathrooms using 2020 design software
- Work with customers (walk-in and appointment) and contractors in planning and product selection
- Create and present accurate floor plans, elevations, perspectives, and associated price schedules
- Maintain accurate and organized customer files – must be able to manage projects from order inception through delivery and installation
- Provide photographs of ongoing jobs to the Marketing Department
- Visit job sites as needed to measure and provide client services
- Participate in trade shows as necessary
Qualified candidates must have 5+ years of kitchen/bath design experience. We are looking for a highly organized and knowledgeable individual who thrives under stringent deadlines.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience using 2020 design software
- A portfolio demonstrating skill
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- A bachelor’s or associate’s degree in Interior Design is preferred
- The ability to manage time effectively and demonstrate a positive attitude
- Experience in sales is a plus
- NKBA certification is a plus
Advantages for working at Keidel:
- We are a profitable company with an excellent service reputation
- We have a superior support structure, allowing all salespeople to be successful
- We offer a competitive base salary with uncapped commission potential
- We have an established training and mentoring program
- We provide excellent healthcare, dental, and vision benefits, as well as the opportunity to enroll in an exceptional 401(k) program.
- Typical work week is 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, and Saturday from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- 2 Saturdays per 4 weeks are required.
Reports to: Showroom Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay: Salary plus commission
Position Status: Full-Time
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Keidel Supply Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Keidel Supply Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.