Founded a century ago from humble beginnings, Keidel has grown into one of the largest locally owned distributor of commercial and residential plumbing products in the Cincinnati markets. We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally as they contribute to our growing organization.
Even though we have grown significantly, we have not lost the personal touch our customers seek. We pride ourselves on being customer focused and service oriented. We strive to provide exemplary service with a friendly, knowledgeable staff.
General Position Description
The Buyer will increase company profitability and customer satisfaction by purchasing the ideal mix of materials and services in a timely manner, at the lowest cost and highest quality, while maintaining proper inventory levels. The Buyer will coordinate vendor activity and negotiations. They will analyze trends in vendor pricing and sales activity using recent history, trends and forecasts to determine the correct timing of purchases. The Buyer also keeps abreast of changes affecting both the supply and demand of products, has strong knowledge of warehouse and inventory control procedures, and reviews all requisitions and projections.
- Utilizes information and input from senior management, sales, commercial/technical/industry publications, manufactures representatives and other contacts and knowledge to create and maintain an effective base of primary and secondary suppliers for procurement of required products.
- Ensures that competitive costing, including payment terms and rebates, is secured to allow Keidel to be competitive in the marketplace and attain its profit goals.
- Assists Sales in the quotation process. As appropriate, secures and manages special supplier job quotations costing so that Keidel wins business in a profitable manner.
- Inventory Control – critical that this asset is effectively managed to allow for superior service to the market while minimizing the financial investment required by Keidel. This is a key item for the buyers to manage.
- Conduct oneself in a professional and positive manner with suppliers, customers and co-workers.
- Continuously work with sales, manufactures representatives, senior management and the marketplace to ensure that the product mix and offerings are appropriate in your assigned product lines.
- Manage the administrative detail and activities to allow for an effective and smooth purchasing/inventory management operations (such as returns, system maintenance, payable exceptions, etc.).
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve operations, streamline processes and improve service within the Purchasing and Inventory Management areas.
- Manage the rebate program for your suppliers.
Desired Skills and Expertise
· Critical Thinking – Demonstrates ability to apply logical thinking to gathering and analyzing information, designing and testing solutions to problems, formulating plans and securing profit margin advantages.
· Attentive – Recognizes issues, problems, or opportunities and determines whether action is needed.
· Generates alternatives – Creates relevant options for addressing problems/opportunities and achieving desired outcomes.
· Commits to action – Implements decisions or initiates action within a reasonable time. Realizes that taking no action is also an alternative.
· Considers all value factors – Price, quality, availability, reliability, technical support and warranty of vendors and products.
· Goal oriented – Able to define and promote company, departmental, and personal objectives.
· Precise communication – Able to articulate the company’s position clearly and forcefully through cogent oral and written communication.
· Flexibility – Able to see things from different angles and refine position or choose new tactics in order to achieve an acceptable result. Examine plan and change course if necessary.
· Passion – Enthusiastic about representing your position.
Building Strategic Internal/External Working Relationships
· Collaborative – Identifies the critical departments, organizations, and key personnel that are needed to build a team for reaching collective goals.
· Seeks opportunities – Maintains effective working relationships to create opportunities where business objectives can align.
· Builds relationships – Learns the value of relationships and views building relationships as a critical success tool.
Planning and Organizing Work
· Prioritizes – Identifies more critical and less critical activities and assignments; adjusts priorities when appropriate.
· Schedules – Allocated appropriate amounts of time for completing own objectives; avoids scheduling conflicts; develops timeliness and milestones.
· Industry awareness – Understands technical terminology, industry trends and purchasing and inventory management. Demonstrates a working knowledge of warehouse operations.
· Technical ability – Possesses proficient math skills to facilitate accurate and quick assessment of data. Demonstrates proficient computer skills with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Able to effectively leverage technology systems and procedures.
· Communication style – Uses a variety of nonverbal, visual, oral and written methods to effectively convey information and ideas.
· Creativity – Produce new ideas and solutions.
· Demonstrates honesty and integrity and keeps commitments.
· Follows procedures – accurately and carefully follows established procedures for completing work tasks.
· Takes action – Initiates action to correct quality problems and notifies others of quality issues as appropriate.
· High school diploma
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years in a progressive Buyer or Material Management role.
· Wholesale distribution experience preferred. Plumbing product/marketplace knowledge is a plus.
· Knowledge and competency with purchasing and inventory software systems.
· Understanding of common business practices relating to purchasing, pricing, terms, shipment taxes and freight policies.
- Comprehensive Medical
- Dental and Vision care options
- Paid vacation and holidays
- LTD/STD and Voluntary Life,
- 401K with Employer Match
- Health Care Savings Account
Keidel Supply Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Keidel Supply Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.