This position will play a large role in ensuring accounting operations are handled smoothly and will be a key communicator between the different departments at Keidel Supply. They maintain records, prepare financial reports and paperwork, and ensure that all work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy. This position supports the Accounting department by performing clerical tasks, including processing and recording transactions, preparing reports and budgets, fielding communications with clients and vendors, fact checking, filing, and other duties, as needed. Compiles and maintains records of business transactions and office activities.
- Generate billing invoices and accounts receivable statements.
- Ensures timely processing of billing and posting of payments.
- Complies with firm guidelines for processing billing.
- Process client payments. Communicate discrepancies with Director of Finance.
- Post payments by recording cash, checks, electronic payments, and credit card transactions in practice management and general ledger software.
- Process check runs.
- Process accounts payable activities.
- Miscellaneous accounting and other daily office tasks as needed or required
- Copies data and compiles records and reports in Microsoft Excel
- Tabulates and posts data in record books
- Prepare work to be processed by gathering, sorting, and organizing data and documents
- Set up and input data. Monitors validity of data. Generates reports. Communicates discrepancies to Director Finance. Research and responds to inquiries.
Customer Service and Management:
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information
- Resolves collection inquiries by examining customer payments, payment history, and postings to client accounts
- Responds to billing inquiries, requests for invoices, changes to database and other client information needed
- Accepts credit card payments from clients
- Gives support to sales staff as needed
- High school degree or equivalent, college level accounting classes preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Excel is required
- Basic office procedure experience is required
- 2 years previous hands on accounting experience, preferably in accounts receivable
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to function well in any work environment, prioritize, and work efficiently
- Ability to follow and interpret instructions or guidelines
- Strong customer service skills and must be a great team player
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with customers, vendors, and coworkers showing tact, sensitivity, and professionalism
- Must have reliable transportation and must be willing to be subject to background check
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential