At Keidel, we sell a variety of high-quality drains for sinks and tubs. However, in order to keep them working as good as new, they require regular cleaning and maintenance. We’ve put together a list of ways to clean your drains to keep them in good working order!
- Pour hot water down the sink once a week to prevent buildup.
- Pour a cup of vinegar down the drain, let it sit for 30 minutes, and rinse with warm water. Use this method once every week or two.
- Use grease-fighting liquid dish soap to avoid grease-related clogs.
If your drains smell:
- Pour half a cup of baking soda into the drain. Pour at least two courts of hot water in after it. The baking soda will clean and absorb the foul odors.
If your drains have clogged:
- Get out your baking soda and vinegar! Pour one cup of baking soda down the drain and follow it up with one cup of vinegar. Wait until the fizzing subsides, then flush the drain with boiling water. You may need to repeat this process twice, depending on how severe the clog is.
- Use a drain snake. Feed the snake down the drain until you feel the blockage, then continue pushing until the snake can move freely past it.
What not to do:
- Don’t use chemical drain cleaners! Some chemical cleaners can solidify inside the pipes, mix with other household cleaners and react poorly, or react with aluminum and give off an unhealthy gas. Since they can cause more trouble than they’re worth, we suggest staying away from them.
If you’re looking for kitchen or bathroom drains, come to Keidel Supply. As the region’s premier retailer of plumbing supplies, we have the most extensive and high-quality assortment of drains, sinks, bathtubs, and more. Visit our showroom today or call us for more information!