Keidel Supply a local, family owned and operated, well know (been in business over 100 years) plumbing distributor, has a great sales opportunity open at our sales counter. Looking for a team-player with an outgoing positive approach. On-the- job, as well as course-work, training will be provided to ensure the individual succeeds. Excellent opportunity with growth potential possible as well. Competitive base compensation exits with uncapped commission, 401k, health insurance etc. included.
General position description:
The Counter Sales Representative will work with walk-in as well as call-in, customers. Selling with excellent and courteous service will result in increased sales and customer satisfaction.
Necessities of the Job
- Advisesand actively up-sells customers on complimentary products beyond the original order.
- Sells & promotesthe items and products that we stock – provides alternative suggestions to customers who request other products, and successfully converts initial customer requests to stock brands.
- Learnsand demonstrates understanding of basic business analytic skills and their application to customers’ businesses (e.g. builder, plumber, contractor, consumer, etc.).
- Recognizesdifferent customer types within the supply chain and adjusts approach with each for optimal results.
- Keepsand maintains a neat counter area and product displays.
- Reviewsopen order report on a weekly basis.
- Demonstrates comprehensive company product knowledge – and can articulate competitive advantages.
- Demonstratescomprehensive industry knowledge and can apply it to enhance decision-making effectiveness.
- Learnsand demonstrates competence in features and functionality of all product lines.
- Understandsthe nuances of competitor product offerings as well as their target audience and strategies on how they reach that audience
- Providesmarket specific product needs and price points.
- Demonstratesproficiency with related computer systems and applications (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, etc.)
- Knowledge of the plumbing trade and products is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar position preferred
- Wholesale distribution experience preferred
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
Keidel Supply Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Keidel Supply Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.